Tuesday 24 April 2012

Cupcakes!!


I’ve always loved cupcakes, but it was only until about 3 years ago I started baking them myself.  My first attempt was reasonably successful and as you all know hot cupcakes fresh from the oven are heavenly!

After months of baking plain cupcakes I decided to dabble at icing cupcakes… I used readymade iced tubes and I used to write little messages on the cakes…  Its only until around 2 years ago I discovered the art form of a piping bag. I know adore baking and decorating cupcakes, in my opinion they’re a great form of stress relief but also help bring out the creative side in you.

If you’ve never made cupcakes before and would like to try here are some of my top tips:
  • ·         Use a simple cupcake recipe, nothing too complicated as sometimes the simpler the recipe means there’s a lower chance of messing up the recipe.
  • ·         Try and keep the batter at equal volumes in the cases.
  • ·         Once in the tray, just shake and gently bang it down onto a surface just to make sure the batter has reached the bottom of the case leaving no air bubbles.
  • ·         Try not to open the oven door once the cupcakes are inside, as this would disrupt the temperature
  • ·         Place a toothpick into a cupcake to know if its cooked through, if it comes out clean then it has! =)
  • ·         If you don’t want to make frosting or would like a professional look and taste on the cupcake you could get ready made frosting at your local supermarket.
  • ·         Remember making cupcakes is not a chore! Enjoy yourself and have fun!


Here is a photo timeline of how my cupcakes have evolved over the years:


These Cupcakes were one of my first attempts at frosting =/
Excuse the mess...





These Cupcakes i made for a friends 18th looking back
Good thing they tasted better than they looked!


These cupcakes were for a party I thought they were so cute with the glitter and all the separate toppings!





















No comments:

Post a Comment