Saturday 12 May 2012

Feature&Follow #2

 
Feature and Follow Friday is a blog-hop hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read  

Yup, its that time again… Feature and follow Friday! Wooh! =D … I am aware it’s a Saturday I’ve just been a bit behind, just things have been a bit hectic at the moment as I’ll be heading off to sunny Dubai at the end of the month and just a lot of planning to still do. Whenever I aim to come on the laptop to upload a new post I end up getting side tracked into researching about Dubai.
But here I am On a Saturday afternoon trying to get my priorities in order…  (Blog always comes first of course! )  And I aim to get this post done before I have to go off and tend to the thousands of other things I have to do.  =(
Here’s todays (oops meant yesterday) question:

Q- This Sunday in the U.S is mother’s Day. In Celebration, what are some of your favourite books with strong mother/child relationships?

This was a really hard question as a lot of books I read tend to be about the protagonist growing up and basically becoming more independent so the relationship with their parents are not really explored.
However Jodi Picoult’s books are really emotional with connections between the character and his/her family bonds being quite strong. Some examples would be My sisters keeper,  Nineteen minutes and change of heart. House Rules is one of her books that shows the bond between a mother and her sons. As any single parent raising an autistic child, life would be hard, but raising an autistic child who is convicted of murder? Beyond imaginable. Jodi Picoult manages to capture the essence of a family and follow an intense gripping story which keeps you guessing to the end! 
This has turned into a book review/ question answer  =P… Oh well House Rules is an amazing book! And if you haven’t read a Jodi Picoult book yet… you don’t know what you’re missing the books are so emotional!
P.s If you’re considering getting a Jodi Picoult book my favourite would have to be The Pact, Nineteen Minutes and House Rules. Hope you enjoy reading them    =)
I’d love to hear your F&F answers/ your opinion on Jodi Picoult’s books.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment